We are currently seeking an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our San Diego office. You will be strategizing and designing some of the most exciting sites in the industry and collaborating directly with all agency teams to produce award winning work for our clients. The UX/UI Designer should have a mastery of the tools involved in creating site maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and visual designs for the interactive medium. We are passionate about our work and we expect candidates to bring the same passion and energy to our team.
- Passionate about design, problem solving and creativity.
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Naturally and obsessively create well-organized design files and clear documentation.
- Attention to detail and awareness of best practices for functionality reviews and quality assurance testing.
- Articulate ideas and communicate proactively with Art Director and Creative Director to determine creative strategy, visual style, and interactivity.
- Design visual layouts for all devices using modern techniques and best practices for responsive design and development.
- Monitor the development flow of assigned projects from initial research and planning through technology QA and beta testing.
- Play an active role to establish strategy that meets client business goals based on functionality requirements and expectations.
- Lead site architecture, prototypes, wireframes and user experience strategy to include detailed functionality notes, animation and interactive states.
- Actively test user flows and functionality to recommend technical solutions and user experience improvements throughout quality assurance.
- Ensure work always meets deadlines, budget, and quality expectations.
- Produce all necessary design elements based on established design direction, systems & Style Guide.
- Collaborate with team to ensure designs are consistent with overall creative direction and standards.
- Ensure design quality across multiple digital channels, browsers, and screen sizes.
- Stay current on interactive marketing trends, best practices, and emerging technologies.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years of agency experience in interactive design and user experience.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking – both visual and interactive.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and usability principles.
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator and OmniGraffle.
- Master of design principals (typography, color, layout, etc…)
- Understanding of WordPress CMS for content population, security maintenance and recommended plug-ins.
- Showcase multiple examples of websites that have been designed and developed following user experience strategy to work responsively on all modern devices.
- Excellent communicator, both on and offline.
- A sense of humor and good listening skills.
- Bonus points for awareness of Google SEO best practices with the ability to conduct onsite SEO, perform 301 redirects and report on Google Analytics.
As well, all Jacob Tyler team members will:
- Be able to work independently.
- Be a team player.
- Be loyal, responsible, creative, inquisitive.
- Understand brand communications and its role in the business world.
- Understanding of social media and spread the word about Jacob Tyler.
- Uphold and enhance the image of Jacob Tyler (professional, trustworthy, creative, responsible, honest).
- Have excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Possess a keen attention to detail.
How to Apply: Send email (under 25mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Compensation expectations
- **Link to online portfolio is required**
JTCG offers competitive compensation and health insurance.
Due to the large number of respondents, no phone calls please. We will contact you with follow-up instructions.