Pictures can be more powerful than the words that describe them, but the best images always speak for themselves. Good design does the same. With many companies relying on the web for exposure, branding your company with a clear, easily recognizable message is more important than ever.
Take a minute to think of your favorite brand. What’s the first idea that comes to mind? Is it a name, slogan or logo? Whatever it is, the image, the vision that flashed across your brain was designed to trigger recognition and spark action. Brands, in their own right, are designed to be instantly recognizable and completely unforgettable.
A symbol, color or even just a word can create thoughts and evoke feeling; with the greatest success rooted in its origin. We asked some of our most creative designers for insight into what makes a design successful. Here’s what they said:
- Your design shouldn’t only ‘look good,’ but should have a clear thoughtful message to back it up.
- Plan things out. Create a meaningful concept and make a few test sketches.
- Read, check and double check. Make sure everything is balanced and spelled correctly.
- Print a copy, stand back and take a look. Is it legible? Does it make sense?
- Choose a theme you are passionate about.
- Every design element, including color and type, should serve a purpose.
- Evoke thought. Make viewers pause and think about your message.
By keeping these tips in mind, your brand will speak for itself. And that’s saying something.