I thought it might be nice to provide you all with a brief wind down of all things web on a weekly (please appreciate the alliteration) basis. This may include random questions, thoughts, goings on etc in our wild and web-centric world presented to you in a concise, clear and with any luck witty package. Suggestions and questions are always welcome to be sure to post those puppies on our Facebook page. Without further delay, here’s what I found web-worthy this week.
1. Reports say GoDaddy is entertaining the thought of a $2.5 billion sale to private investors perhaps as early as next week.
2. Two strange innovations crossed my screen this week and they’re certainly share-worthy. Laptops powered by Typing could be the next “it” thing & while we never thought it was possible, Smell-O-Vision exists! Not only does this new olfactory technology exist, but it also might be as easy to get as a cable box and as easy to replenish as a printer cartridge!
3. This article by Mashable is definitely worth reading. It discusses the overlap between paid, earned and owned media and the direction marketing is and will continue to grow in the future.
4. From print to web back to print? These companies are taking your relationships, friends, conversations and of course pics from the book of faces and drop kicking them back to yesteryear as social coffee table books. What do you think about this seemingly anti-tech-evolution but strangely practical display of modern media?
5. I found this photo and the social web seemed to love it- so here it is again.
6. Finally, a new way to promote blog posts. What do you think about driving traffic to our blog via QR codes? Do you use them?When will they (or something like them) be mainstream…? Ever?